Nine benefits of Blackout Drapes
Blackout drapes at Factory Direct Drapes™ and Factory Bargain Drapes™ are amongst the most functional types of drapes we offer. They can block out all of the light in and out of the room, acts as an insulator, helps save money on utilities, and adds another level of privacy. In this article we will delve deeper into each of these benefits so you will be better prepared for your next purchase for Blackout Drapes.
But first, what are Blackout Drapes (sometimes referred to as dim-out drapes)? They are Drapes that are designed to not allow any light to come through the fabric allowing you total control over the light in a room. Blackout drapes can come as one fabric that is blackout or as two with a normal fabric with a Blackout lining. Although Blackout Drapes are ideal for anyone, they can be especially useful for shift workers or anyone who keeps irregular hours. Below you will find nine benefits of Blackout drapes.
1. Light Blocking. If you need the option to block all light from a room then Blackout drapes will be your best option. Although the material will block out 100% of the light, some will seep through the sides since there will be a gap from the all to the drape.
2. Save money on Utilities. PG&E states that approximately 16% of all heat in a room will escape through your windows. With the blackout curtains insulating properties you will be able to save every month on your utility bills.
3. Privacy. Blackout drapes help provide security by totally blocking out the window and also not letting as much sounds escape to outside.
4. Insulation. Blackout drapes help insulate keep a room cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
5. Better Sleep. The CDC (Center of Disease Control) recommends to “Sleep in a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot nor too cold” (link). Blackout drapes will make your room as dark as a cave to help you sleep better.
6. Longer Lasting. On average a Blackout drape will last 10-15 years longer because it is more resilient to sunlight then a normal fabric.
7. Blocks outside noise. Live on a busy street or have noisy neighbors?
8. Looks Better. When blackout lining is added to your drapes it adds more weight. The extra weight helps the drapes hang nicer and gives it more graceful full folds.
9. Home Entertainment. Do you have a room where you consider your theater room or a family room with a big television? Blackout drapes do a wonderful job at helping create that movie theater atmosphere.
Blackout drapes are the Swiss Army knife of the Drape industry and are as ornate and decorative as they are practical.