10 Last-minute cleaning tips for the Holidays
Christmas is only a few days away. Is your home ready for Christmas?
Ideally, you’d want to clean days before the holidays with major tasks accomplished daily. If you’re like me, you’d wait until the last minute to finish cleaning up your home. Here are 10 last minute cleaning tips you can do with a little help from family members:
- Pick up clutter as you walk throughout the house. Put everything in its proper place or throw away stuff you don’t need.
- Wash windows, clean drapes using the soft brush attachment on your vacuum. Use Febreeze to make it smell fresh.
- Deep clean bathrooms, brush toilet bowl, wipe mirrors, counters and floors with damp towels. Hang fresh hand towels and put out new hand soap.
- Clean kitchen. Clean stove top, clean out fridge, discarding leftovers and expired food. Wipe down all large and small appliances. Clean and deodorize kitchen sink and garbage disposal.
- Vacuum carpets, sweep entry way. Use wet cloths like the ones from Swifter to quickly clean hardwood and laminate floors. It’s easier and more effective than a wet mop.
- Empty all the trash bins inside the house, clean it up by soaking it in a mixture of water and dishwashing liquid. Wipe it dry with a paper towel or let it dry under the sun.
- Vacuum upholstered sofa and furniture to remove surface dirt. Fluff them after cleaning, this helps keep them in shape.
- Straighten bedrooms, change and wash bed sheets, comforters or bedspreads. Store personal items out of sight.
- Clean mirrors and all glass surfaces in the house including front door glass. A convenient and fast way to give your mirrors a beautiful streak-free shine is by using glass wipes.
- Sweep front steps, put out holiday mat.
Time to pary!